Gum Disease Treatment Options and Cure at Affordable Cost
Do your gums bleed when brushing? Do they appear red or swollen? These are few of the most common signs and symptoms of gum disease. About 75 percent of adults experience gum disease in their lifetime. So having the regular doctor visits can provide the chance for you to spot the gum disease in its early stages.
Gum disease, often known as periodontal disease, is mainly caused by bacteria from plaque and tartar between the teeth and gums. When the bacteria start to develop, the gums around the tooth may become inflamed. If you left untreated, this inflammation can weaken the gums and supporting bone structure of the teeth and even lead to tooth loss. The most common form of periodontal disease includes gingivitis and periodontists. Approximately 60% of adults in the United States have moderate-to-severe gum disease.
What causes it
Plaque is the main cause of periodontal disease, but other factors may also contribute to gum disease. These include:
- Hormonal changes
- Chronic conditions such as certain cancers, HIV, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, etc
- Prescribed medications like steroids, anti-epileptics, cancer therapies, cardiovascular diseases and oral contraceptives
- Bad habits like drug abuse, smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Viral and fungal infections
- Poor oral hygiene
- Poor nutrition and obesity
- Family history of dental disease
How it affects?
Gum disease not only hurts your oral health, but it also affects your entire body. Periodontal disease may contribute to warning signs of potentially life threatening health conditions such as:
- Heart disease and stroke
- Chronic kidney disease
- Preterm birth
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Respiratory disorder
- Oral cancer
- Pregnancy complications
What are the symptoms?
Many people with periodontal disease are not aware that they have a problem because it’s often silent with no pain or symptoms. But there are some common symptoms such as:
- Gums that bleed when you brush and floss
- Red, swollen, irritated and tender gums
- Persistent bad breath and bad taste in the mouth
- Toothaches, neck and jaw pain as well as sensitive teeth that hurts when you consume food and drink
- Pus in deep infected pockets between teeth and gums
- Receding gum lines
- Loose or shifting teeth
- New spaces developing between the teeth and gums
- The gums can begin to pull away from your teeth.
When to see a doctor?
If your gums are puffy, dusky red and bleed easily, or show other signs or symptoms of gum disease, consult your dentist as soon as possible. If your dentist diagnoses gum disease, early treatment will be less expensive than waiting and also prevent various other serious health problems.
Your dentist may also suggest:
- An antiseptic mouthwash such as LISTERIN helps to reduce the formation of sticky plaque in the future.
- An electric toothbrush also helps to eliminate more plaque than manual ones.
- Get a yearly comprehensive periodontal evaluation (CPE) from a dental professional. During periodontal evaluation, your dentist looks at your teeth, plaque level, bite, gums, bone structure and other risk factors for periodontal disease.
|Monday – Friday||09.00 AM – 06.00 PM|
|Phone||(909) 861 2811|
1111 S. Grand Avenue, Suite I,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765,
Ph: (909) 861 2811,
Fax: (909) 396 1532,
Other Dental Problems Treated at J B Dentistry
Abscessed Tooth Treatment Options for Children and Adults at Affordable Cost – Certain conditions in your mouth are quiet dangerous, if left untreated and one of the worst of worst is tooth abscess. In some cases, it is proven to be fatal.Read More
What Causes Bad Breath and How to Treat the Condition? – Uhh…Bad Breath! Bad breath otherwise known as halitosis is a sickening thing among most people. About 2.4% of adult population suffers from halitosis.Read More
Dental Cavity Treatment to Relieve Symptoms and Pain at Affordable Cost – Do you know dental cavities are a fine example of an incurable health problem? Cavity is nothing but a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay.Read More
Dental Plaque/Tartar Prevention and Treatment – Have you ever experienced a fuzzy feeling on your pearl whites or bleeding or tender gums when you brush?Read More
Treatment for Dry Mouth Symptoms – Are you feeling thirsty all the times? Then it is a symptom of dry mouth. There are several negative repercussions of having a dry mouth, instead of simply being uncomfortable.Read More
Fluorosis Cure and Treatment Options for Adults and children at Affordable Cost – We will come across with many people having white or brown stains on their teeth. Many think those stains as dental disease but it is not. It is a dental condition that affects the enamel of the teeth but not the health or function of the teeth.Read More
Effective Treatment Options for Gingivitis Symptoms – Gingivitis may sound like a kind of holiday cookie. Sometimes, it is linked to sugar, but it is not a treat. It is a sneaky little monster that can compromise your oral health.Read More
Gum Disease Treatment Options and Cure at Affordable Cost – Do your gums bleed when brushing? Do they appear red or swollen? These are few of the most common signs and symptoms of gum disease.Read More
Maxillofacial Surgery Recovery, Its Recovery and Cost – Oral-Maxillofacial surgery is unique in obtaining a dual qualification in dentistry and medicine. It is often seen as bridge between dentistry and medicine and also an internationally recognized surgical specialty.Read More