Effective Treatment Options for Gingivitis Symptoms
Gingivitis may sound like a kind of holiday cookie. Sometimes, it is linked to sugar, but it is not a treat. It is a sneaky little monster that can compromise your oral health. It is very important to know everything about the problem, because identifying it right away can help to prevent the problem. If gingivitis has already snuck in your mouth, you can effectively reverse it with thorough oral care.
What is Gingivitis?
Gingivitis is a type of gum disease that causes severe irritability in the gums because of redness, swelling, and pain. This inflammation of a gum tissue is non-destructive periodontal disease usually called plaque-induced Gingivitis. If the person’s gums are red instead of pink and bleed while brushing, then he is likely having Gingivitis. It is a mild form of gum disease.
Why it occurs?
Gingivitis is caused by various types of bacteria which usually called as Plaque (small food particles and mucus). It is an inflammation of gums caused by accumulation of bacteria between the teeth and the gums. Simply it is caused by accumulation of Plaque and Tartar. It often causes bleeding gums. Poor oral hygiene causes Gingivitis. Plaque accumulation is most often caused by improper brushing and flossing. There are also medications that cause plaque. Plaque causes bacteria to accumulate on the teeth and leads to arrival of new bacteria. So frequent brushing has to be done else it leads to inflammation of gums.
How it is treated?
- The patient has to be diagnosed earlier and if left untreated, it leads to the removal of teeth. Proper dental treatment and the procedures to follow at home which are prescribed by the doctor can reverse the Gingivitis. Complete removal of plaque and tartar between the teeth and gums can treat the disease but you may not feel it comfortable if the gums are so sensitive.
- Antiseptic sprays or gels can be used to clean the teeth. Proper way of brushing is very important in treating the disease. An electric tooth brush is good if necessary.
- Ensure that your water contains adequate fluoride in it else use the toothpaste with fluoride scales. It strengthens the teeth enamel and reduces the chance of decay.
- Use of antibiotics helps a lot if the situation is severe but this has to be prescribed only by the doctor.
- Good flossing technique is always necessary and fixes the dental issues if the teeth are poorly aligned.
How to prevent it from occurring?
- Proper tooth brushing is necessary at least twice a day
- Use electric tooth brush and floss your teeth regularly
- Rinse your mouth with an antiseptic soon after the intake of any type of food which is more important.
- Use anti-bacterial mouth rinse to keep away the Plaque and tartar to protect teeth from inflammation.
- Smoking causes different gum diseases. So if your will is to prevent Gingivitis the quit smoking to keep away from gum diseases.
What happens if it is untreated?
Gingivitis is first stage of gum diseases. However, if gingivitis is untreated, gum disease tends to spread and starts to affect not only tooth but also the tissues and bones that are surrounding the gums and teeth, which may lead to serious and chronic periodontitis. Direct complications may include;
- Infection in the jaw bones
- Recurrent gingivitis
- Abscess in the gums
- Trench mouth
|Monday – Friday||09.00 AM – 06.00 PM|
|Phone||(909) 861 2811|
1111 S. Grand Avenue, Suite I,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765,
Ph: (909) 861 2811,
Fax: (909) 396 1532,
Other Dental Problems Treated at J B Dentistry
Abscessed Tooth Treatment Options for Children and Adults at Affordable Cost – Certain conditions in your mouth are quiet dangerous, if left untreated and one of the worst of worst is tooth abscess. In some cases, it is proven to be fatal.Read More
What Causes Bad Breath and How to Treat the Condition? – Uhh…Bad Breath! Bad breath otherwise known as halitosis is a sickening thing among most people. About 2.4% of adult population suffers from halitosis.Read More
Dental Cavity Treatment to Relieve Symptoms and Pain at Affordable Cost – Do you know dental cavities are a fine example of an incurable health problem? Cavity is nothing but a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay.Read More
Dental Plaque/Tartar Prevention and Treatment – Have you ever experienced a fuzzy feeling on your pearl whites or bleeding or tender gums when you brush?Read More
Treatment for Dry Mouth Symptoms – Are you feeling thirsty all the times? Then it is a symptom of dry mouth. There are several negative repercussions of having a dry mouth, instead of simply being uncomfortable.Read More
Fluorosis Cure and Treatment Options for Adults and children at Affordable Cost – We will come across with many people having white or brown stains on their teeth. Many think those stains as dental disease but it is not. It is a dental condition that affects the enamel of the teeth but not the health or function of the teeth.Read More
Effective Treatment Options for Gingivitis Symptoms – Gingivitis may sound like a kind of holiday cookie. Sometimes, it is linked to sugar, but it is not a treat. It is a sneaky little monster that can compromise your oral health.Read More
Gum Disease Treatment Options and Cure at Affordable Cost – Do your gums bleed when brushing? Do they appear red or swollen? These are few of the most common signs and symptoms of gum disease.Read More
Maxillofacial Surgery Recovery, Its Recovery and Cost – Oral-Maxillofacial surgery is unique in obtaining a dual qualification in dentistry and medicine. It is often seen as bridge between dentistry and medicine and also an internationally recognized surgical specialty.Read More