Treatment Options for Teeth Sensitivity to Heat or Cold
Do your teeth tingle or feel a pang of pain or both when taking a sip of cold drink or coffee or when eating something that tastes sweet? If so, you are more likely suffering from sensitive teeth. With teeth sensitivity, simple tasks such as drinking, eating or brushing could cause pain to your sensitive teeth. Today, this article is for you to find best possible treatment options for sensitive teeth.
What is teeth sensitivity?
A tooth sensitivity is generally occurs when the dentin that covers the nerves is exposed either through loss of enamel layer or by recession of gums. Temperature changes and consuming certain foods can cause the teeth to be more painful. The pain actually subsides after a short period of time.
Common teeth sensitivity triggers:
- Sugary Foods, of course can cause sensation in your teeth
- Eating acidic foods are well-known to set off symptoms of sensitivity in your teeth
- Clenching of teeth is another possible way that sensitivity is agitated
- Over brushing is another common trigger
- Various gum diseases resulting in gum recession and causing teeth sensitivity
Best possible treatments for tooth sensitivity:
- Sensitivity that is resulted by compromised gums can be treated with a surgical gum graft. This may be an effective treatment for patients who have lost their gum tissue at root level.
- Hold your brush like a pen but not like a weapon! Yes, gentle brushing and flossing and using desensitizing tooth paste is the best solution for teeth sensitivity.
- Another effective treatment is using mouth guard if you grind your teeth as teeth grinding causes sensitivity.
- Replace tooth fillings if your fillings are of older! Replace with new fillings that are made of tooth-friendly material.
- If the sensitivity is severe and very bad, a root canal or any other dental care is necessary. Keep your oral hygiene routine even after getting any kind of dental treatment.
|Monday – Friday||09.00 AM – 06.00 PM|
|Phone||(909) 861 2811|
1111 S. Grand Avenue, Suite I,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765,
Ph: (909) 861 2811,
Fax: (909) 396 1532,
Our General Dental Care Services
Your smile is important!
Our dentists and hygienists can help keep it healthy. Your smile reflects who you are and how you take care of yourself. In fact, your dental health is a major factor in your overall well being. We understand this and tailor our services to your specific needs.
The most common and well-known way to care for our teeth and gums is just through brushing and flossing regularly. Of course, everyone needs to be working on having best possible oral health. Everyday brushing and flossing are essential components in order to accomplish this.Read More
Want to avoid dental emergencies? Then you should be regular with dental exams and should also follow some preventive measures. Getting regular Dental Examinations are necessary to detect oral health issues like periodontal disease, tooth decay and many more in early stages.Read More
Do you or any of your family members have dental carries? Then dental sealants are great option. Candies are like best friends for children but when it comes to dental issue they may be their worst enemies. Most children at times may not resist some of the sweetest treats thus resulting in dental decay and carries.Read More
Do you brush twice a day and floss regularly? Still are your teeth at the risk from decay? Then getting some additional preventive measures like fluoride treatments could further protect your sensitive teeth from tooth decay.Read More
Are you planning for any recreational activities or hitting the slopes this winter? If your answer is yes, then be sure of protecting your teeth as we cannot imagine us without teeth.Read More
Oral cancer is a type of disease that occurs in mouth, lips, throat and tongue. It is due to the growth of abnormal cells in these areas. Usually people of age above 45 years are more likely prone to this disease.Read More
If your gums are infected, you sense sore and out-of-sorts. The last thing you have to do is subject your gums to prodding and poking, but getting treatment is the only way to improve the current situation.Read More
Are you aware of maintaining good and healthy oral habits that can safeguard your beautiful smile against serious dental issues? Running short of time to visit a dentist for dental cleanings and regular check-ups?Read More