Cost Effective Periodontal Treatment to Prevent Gum Diseases
If your gums are infected, you sense sore and out-of-sorts. The last thing you have to do is subject your gums to prodding and poking, but getting treatment is the only way to improve the current situation. Consider periodontal treatment as a healing process but not as an invasion. Let us learn something about periodontal treatment which does not need to be stressful.
What is periodontal treatment?
Periodontal treatments are the specialist cleaning of your teeth and tender gums to help stop the bacteria which cause serious gum diseases. It is an integral part of periodontal therapy performed by an expert dentist.
What actually the procedure involves?
The best way to feel comfort about periodontal treatment is to understand exactly what it is and what it includes. Below, we have compiled few of most significant phases in the battle against various periodontal diseases.
An expert periodontal dentist performs the following steps during a periodontal treatment.
- Teeth scaling will remove the calculus or tartar caused by bacteria located above the gum line. It is involved more when there is gum disease. Dentist will remove bacteria and plaque from under your gums.
- Root planning is another procedure performed to remove plaque from tooth roots. It can sooth the root surfaces to help stop bacteria from adhering in future.
- Patients are strictly instructed on how to clean around dental work implants or bridges which can be more difficult unless you are carefully instructed.
- Periodontal treatments are given over many appointments and the number depends on severity and spreading of your disease.
- Patients dealing with more aggressive types of gum diseases may be advised to get short courses of antibiotics after prior treatment.
- Periodontist also suggests you on best ways of cleaning your teeth on daily basis and gums to prevent bacteria. It is very important to get dental cleaning on a regular basis.
|Monday – Friday||09.00 AM – 06.00 PM|
|Phone||(909) 861 2811|
1111 S. Grand Avenue, Suite I,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765,
Ph: (909) 861 2811,
Fax: (909) 396 1532,
Our General Dental Care Services
Your smile is important!
Our dentists and hygienists can help keep it healthy. Your smile reflects who you are and how you take care of yourself. In fact, your dental health is a major factor in your overall well being. We understand this and tailor our services to your specific needs.
The most common and well-known way to care for our teeth and gums is just through brushing and flossing regularly. Of course, everyone needs to be working on having best possible oral health. Everyday brushing and flossing are essential components in order to accomplish this.Read More
Want to avoid dental emergencies? Then you should be regular with dental exams and should also follow some preventive measures. Getting regular Dental Examinations are necessary to detect oral health issues like periodontal disease, tooth decay and many more in early stages.Read More
Do you or any of your family members have dental carries? Then dental sealants are great option. Candies are like best friends for children but when it comes to dental issue they may be their worst enemies. Most children at times may not resist some of the sweetest treats thus resulting in dental decay and carries.Read More
Do you brush twice a day and floss regularly? Still are your teeth at the risk from decay? Then getting some additional preventive measures like fluoride treatments could further protect your sensitive teeth from tooth decay.Read More
Are you planning for any recreational activities or hitting the slopes this winter? If your answer is yes, then be sure of protecting your teeth as we cannot imagine us without teeth.Read More
Oral cancer is a type of disease that occurs in mouth, lips, throat and tongue. It is due to the growth of abnormal cells in these areas. Usually people of age above 45 years are more likely prone to this disease.Read More
If your gums are infected, you sense sore and out-of-sorts. The last thing you have to do is subject your gums to prodding and poking, but getting treatment is the only way to improve the current situation.Read More
Are you aware of maintaining good and healthy oral habits that can safeguard your beautiful smile against serious dental issues? Running short of time to visit a dentist for dental cleanings and regular check-ups?Read More