Cost Effective Tooth Decay Treatment and Prevention in Children and Adults
Cavities or tooth decay are not fun! They will seriously take away from joy of eating and make everyday life uncomfortable. The threat of tooth decay may stop you from pampering in your favorite treats. Tooth decay can be a constant problem but it is the common preventable disease associated with your teeth.
Today, this article is going to give information on prevention of tooth decay from occurring and the available treatments for tooth decay. Go on reading!
What causes it?
Tooth decay is often the primary cause of toothache. Other causes of a toothache may include the following:
- A cracked or chipped tooth
- Eruption of wisdom teeth
- Abscessed tooth
- Traumatic injury
- Infected gums
- Inflammation of the tooth pulp
- Grinding teeth
- A damaged filling
- An exposed tooth root and gum disease like periodontitis or gingivitis
What are the symptoms?
Contact your dentist immediately when you experience a toothache along with some of the following symptoms:
- Swelling of the gum or jaw at the affected tooth
- Painful chewing
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Trouble breathing and swallowing
- Severe pain and bleeding gums
- A facial rash associated with a toothache
- Fever and headache
- Pain when you chew
- A foul-tasting discharge
How to treat the condition?
Treatment method for toothache will depend on the underlying cause of the condition. To figure out the cause of the toothache, your dentist will first look at your mouth area and teeth carefully. Your dentist also suggests for dental x-rays, which help to indicate if the problem lies in the root or the gums. Possible dental treatment options for a toothache relief consist of filling the tooth cavity, root canal treatment and prescribe pain medication and antibiotics to treat any infection or removing the tooth.
Natural remedies may help to provide some relief from the symptoms. But if you do not have immediate access to a dentist or need to wait for a scheduled appointment. Several easy and simple methods help to relieve a severe toothache include:
- Rinsing mouth with warm salt water
- Using dental floss to clear out any food debris
- Taking pain-reliever medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Applying a cold compress on the outside of the cheek. Do not use heat compression as it can often increase infection
- Rubbing a few drops of clove oil on the impacted tooth many times daily until the ache disappears
- Wheat grass juice is among the best natural fix for toothache as it is an explicit mouthwash for tooth decay.
- Pour some whisky or vodka on a cotton ball and put it on the affected tooth.
The best way to prevent toothache as well as other oral problems is to maintain your teeth and gums healthy. To achieve this, you need to follow:
- Brushing your teeth regularly with fluoride contained toothpaste. Gently brush your gums and tongue too
- Flossing once daily
- Limiting your daily intake of sugary foods and beverages
- Visiting your dentist twice a year for oral examination and professional cleaning
|Monday – Friday||09.00 AM – 06.00 PM|
|Phone||(909) 861 2811|
1111 S. Grand Avenue, Suite I,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765,
Ph: (909) 861 2811,
Fax: (909) 396 1532,
Other Dental Problems Treated at J B Dentistry
Abscessed Tooth Treatment Options for Children and Adults at Affordable Cost – Certain conditions in your mouth are quiet dangerous, if left untreated and one of the worst of worst is tooth abscess. In some cases, it is proven to be fatal.Read More
What Causes Bad Breath and How to Treat the Condition? – Uhh…Bad Breath! Bad breath otherwise known as halitosis is a sickening thing among most people. About 2.4% of adult population suffers from halitosis.Read More
Dental Cavity Treatment to Relieve Symptoms and Pain at Affordable Cost – Do you know dental cavities are a fine example of an incurable health problem? Cavity is nothing but a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay.Read More
Dental Plaque/Tartar Prevention and Treatment – Have you ever experienced a fuzzy feeling on your pearl whites or bleeding or tender gums when you brush?Read More
Treatment for Dry Mouth Symptoms – Are you feeling thirsty all the times? Then it is a symptom of dry mouth. There are several negative repercussions of having a dry mouth, instead of simply being uncomfortable.Read More
Fluorosis Cure and Treatment Options for Adults and children at Affordable Cost – We will come across with many people having white or brown stains on their teeth. Many think those stains as dental disease but it is not. It is a dental condition that affects the enamel of the teeth but not the health or function of the teeth.Read More
Effective Treatment Options for Gingivitis Symptoms – Gingivitis may sound like a kind of holiday cookie. Sometimes, it is linked to sugar, but it is not a treat. It is a sneaky little monster that can compromise your oral health.Read More
Gum Disease Treatment Options and Cure at Affordable Cost – Do your gums bleed when brushing? Do they appear red or swollen? These are few of the most common signs and symptoms of gum disease.Read More
Maxillofacial Surgery Recovery, Its Recovery and Cost – Oral-Maxillofacial surgery is unique in obtaining a dual qualification in dentistry and medicine. It is often seen as bridge between dentistry and medicine and also an internationally recognized surgical specialty.Read More